Things I say or think multiple times a day:
- No, I don’t need a jacket…… Seriously, I’m comfortable.
- If I had a penny for every time I heard “oh, muzungu” (white person)
- Repeat please.
- Just keep talking…. I love your accent!
- Eek, we’re driving on the wrong side of the road! Oh wait, nevermind.
- Will I survive this matatu ride?
- Wow, I guess one more person can fit in this matatu.
- How many cups of tea have I had today? Nevermind, I loose track around lunchtime.
- Wow, Kenyan hospitality!
- Sure, random person that approached me shyly, I don’t mind taking a selfie with you.
- Yes, this is my real hair. No, I don’t use any special product. It’s naturally this way.
- Am I really walking down the road in Africa right now? Haha pinch me!
- This place is truly amazing! AND I’m so happy to be here